Due to the fact that I’m an out of this world decorator (my husband thinks at least) I love the new trend of painting zig zags or lines on the floor or the wall. I have even seen them on the ceiling. Talk about over doing it but it’s the “need” right now. I have ran across several inspiring blogs and pictures that has me wanting to paint these all over my house, not only on the walls but my furniture to.
I ran across a little trick for painting these lines that most people probably feel might be important. Let me give you some pointers.
1. Your base coat should always be the lighter color. If your daring it doesn’t have to be but I would say that’s your best choice.
2. I like any Scotch painters tape and you can choose whatever width you prefer. As you go through the painting process a million times in your life you will be able to see what works best for you.
3. Once your tape is in place for your strips or zigs you should always paint a line of the base coat over the edge of the tape to stop the stripe color from seeping through underneath. We all hate those nasty creepy crawlers.
4. The truth: always pull the tape off in the direction of the strip or zig. Pulling against can allow the paint to chip off or come off around the line or zig. Carefully remove the tape before the paint completely dries. If you truly feel the tape is not for you, they make stencils for this as well.
5. Have fun!! This is a go getter project and a true test of a great painter. 🙂
Let me know how your lines and zigs went.
Here are just a few of my favorite from imbusyprocrastinating.com